• The First Church of God, West Newton, will host a Summer Bible School at the church at 157 N. Second St. from June 13-17, 6:15 pm to 8:30 pm. Registration and questions: 724-872-7467
• Laurelville Christian Retreat Center, 941 Laurelville Lane, Mt. Pleasant Township, will host outdoor sunset yoga with Find Your Fire Fitness on Sunset Hill in Laurelville at 7:30 pm on June 11th. Bring a mat. If it rains, the event will take place in Shenandoah’s gym. Cost: $ 15. Tickets: Visit the Laurelville.org Community Events section or the Laurelville Facebook page.
• The Youngwood Lions Club is holding a Strawberry Festival for the benefit of the Youngwood Library at Christ United Methodist Church, 100 Lincoln St., Youngwood on June 4th from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Menu: Strawberries with Ice Cream, Cake, and Drink, $ 7; younger than 12, $ 3. Tickets are available from any Lions member or at the box office.
• Hecla Congregational Church, 537 Hecla Road, Mt. Pleasant Township is hosting dessert / cash bingo at the church on June 6th at 2:00 pm. Doors open at 1 p.m. A light lunch is served. Details: 724-396-8065 or 724-244-2586
• mountain. Pleasant Veterans of Foreign Wars will sponsor a Pennsylvania Hero Walk at 10 a.m. on June 5th. Registration begins at 10 a.m. at the Post Office, 219 S. Diamond St., and the walk leads to a brief ceremony at Veterans Park. Rain or shine. Public reception.
• A Mon Valley Paws Food Truck Festival will be held on June 5th on the Monesson City Park Trail from 12pm to 5pm. Participating trucks include StrEat Catering, Sunny’s, Revival Chili, Truckin ‘Triangles and Procaffeination.
• The Heritage United Methodist Church, Ligonier, is hosting a sandwich and salad lunch from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm during the Antiques on the Diamond. June 5th at the church, 107 W. Main St. Menu: pulled pork or chicken salad sandwich, pasta salad, pretzel salad, nut rolls and pies. Dine on site or take away. The proceeds will benefit local and global missions.
• The Lincoln Heights Civic Association will be hosting bingo at the Center, 42 Millersdale Road, Jeannette, June 3rd and 17th from 1pm to 3pm. There will be 20 regular games. The cost of a three card bingo board is 25 cents. The payout is 50/50. Free coffee.
• Fairview Church of God will be open on Fridays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at Church, 2202-2206 Route 982, Mt. Pleasant Congregation, through the end of October.
• The Greensburg Hempfield Area Library will host a visit with the Zoomobil of the Pittsburgh Zoo on June 9th from 2pm to 3pm in St. Clair Park, Greensburg. Reservation required. Registration: ghal.org
• The Norwin Library will not accept book donations until after the October book sale. Irwin and North Huntingdon residents are invited to donate books to the West Newton Library, 124 N. Water St. Opening times: 12 noon to 5 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays, 12 noon to 7 p.m. on Wednesdays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays. No cookbooks, textbooks or encyclopedias please.
Local chapters of the Women’s Business Network have meetings scheduled. Participants can learn how the group supports the success and growth of women in business. Working women are welcome and can participate as guests free of charge. Some sessions take place online. Call the chapter representative for more information.
• The All Virtual Chapter will meet online today at 7:30 pm and on June 16. The group meets every first and third Wednesday of the month. Details: Jennifer Pasquale, 412-908-1663
• The Laurel Highlands Chapter meets on June 3rd and 17th from 8:00 am to 9:45 am at Ignite Headquarters, 4 South Fourth St., Youngwood. Details: Rita Coleman Graham, 724-963-5683
• The Ligonier Chapter meets on June 3rd and June 17th from 9am to 10.30am. Details: Tara Hassler, 814-691-3346
• The Greensburg Chapter meets on June 10th and June 24th from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Details: Tina McHugh, 724-787-5417
• The South Hills Coin Club will meet on June 8th at 7:30 pm at the Bethel Park Municipal Building, 5100 W. Library Ave. Public reception. The annual coin auction will be held and there will be a 50/50 raffle and prizes for children. Details: 724-984-6611
The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce is holding free concerts in the Diamond Pavilion on Sundays through August 22nd at 7pm. The group presented on June 6th will be the Jeannette Community Band. If the weather is bad, it will be announced by 5 p.m. that the concert will be moved to the town hall or that it will be canceled. Check to visit Ligonier on Facebook.
Nonprofit briefly speaking submissions can be emailed to vndnews @ triblive.com. Provide a full address and a daily telephone number. The submission takes place at least two weeks before the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee.