Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market Outlook – 2030
The increase in the number of ports has increased the number of Ship-to-Shore (STS) cranes installed as they aid in the rapid movement of containers. This development has intensified after the expansion of the Panama Canal. In addition, the increasing use of large ships such as Panamax and Post-Panamax ships requires STS cranes with extended reach. This factor will continue to drive demand for STS cranes. A major driver of the container crane market is the development of the marine sector. These advances are mainly reflected in the area of trade in ships, merchant ships and other types of ships.
Get a sample report with Industry Insights @
The use of large ships by major transport routes is increasing, which in turn is driving the expansion of deep inland waterways to better accommodate these ships. As a result, ports are being forced to invest in high performance equipment to load and unload containers from these ships. Port authorities in the Asia-Pacific region have undertaken various large-scale port infrastructure development projects. Electric ship-to-shore cranes are expected to contribute to market growth, particularly in developed regions such as Europe and North America. The strict regulations imposed by the governments of these regions have enabled the introduction of STS electric cranes. In Europe, for example, port emissions regulations are expected to facilitate the installation of STS electric cranes in the next few years. These cranes manage without conventional diesel engines and help the port authorities to save costs and thus lower maintenance costs.
To get a discount, make a purchase request @
COVID-19 impact analysis
The global market for ship-to-shore cranes is severely affected by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic led to a decline in economic growth in almost all large countries and thus influenced consumer behavior. Due to the lockdown carried out in various countries, domestic and international transport has been hampered, which has had a significant impact on the supply chain of numerous industries around the world, thereby widening the supply-demand gap. Therefore, an inadequate supply of raw materials is expected to hinder the production rate of ship-to-shore cranes, which has a negative impact on market growth. However, this situation is expected to improve as governments around the world began to relax the norms for going back to business.
Most important influencing factor
- Increasing ship sizes and constant container traffic, technological development and innovation as well as rapid industrialization and urbanization are driving the growth of the market.
- It is expected that high installation costs, maintenance costs, lack of availability of the components and equipment required to erect cranes in remote and underdeveloped regions will hamper the growth of the market.
- Port authorities in the Asia-Pacific region have undertaken several large port infrastructure development projects. The modernization of existing STS cranes and ports can be seen as an opportunity for market investments.
Request to customize this report @
Ship-to-Shore (STS) crane market trends are as follows:
Technological development and innovation
Technological development such as automation and external control of STS cranes via joystick or remote computer. They also allow the controller to monitor the crane process without any visual distortion from rain, wind or fog. In addition, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) jointly launched a Marine and Hydrokinetic Toolkit (MHKiT) in June 2020 that is open source Brought software to market. Technology development also ensures driver safety and increases operational efficiency. In addition, the automation helps to optimize power consumption, which reduces noise and emissions from the cranes. Thus, technological development and innovation will help drive the market of Ship-to-Shore crane market.
Rapid industrialization and urbanization
The rapid industrialization and urbanization of industrialized and emerging countries has led to an increase in maritime traffic. According to the United Nations (UN), an estimated 68% of the world’s population will live in urban areas by 2050, compared with 751 million in 1950. These factors are therefore likely to drive world shipping forward. Market growth of to-shares cranes in the forecast period.
Main advantages of the report:
- This study presents the analytical representation of the ship-to-shore crane market as well as current trends and future assessments for determining the upcoming investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the key drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges of the Ship-to-Shore Cranes market.
- The current market will be quantitatively analyzed from 2020-2028 to highlight the Ship-to-Shore Cranes market growth scenario.
- The report offers a detailed Ship-to-Shore Cranes market analysis based on the level of competition and how the competition is set to evolve in the years to come.
Questions answered in Ship-to-Shore crane market Research paper:
- Who are the leading players in the ship-to-shore crane market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- Which current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the Ship-to-Shore Crane Market?
- Which future prognoses help with further strategic steps?
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and management consulting arm of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research offers global companies as well as medium and small companies unsurpassed quality of “market research reports” and “business intelligence solutions”. AMR has a focused perspective to provide business insights and advice to its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market area.
We have professional business relationships with various companies and this helps us unearth market data which will help us create accurate research data tables and confirm the highest accuracy of our market forecasts. Pawan Kumar, CEO of Allied Market Research, is instrumental in inspiring and encouraging everyone associated with the company to maintain high quality data and help customers succeed in every possible way. All of the data presented in the reports we publish are extracted through primary interviews with top officials from leading companies in the domain in question. Our methodology for obtaining secondary data includes in-depth online and offline research and discussions with knowledgeable professionals and industry analysts.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
# 205, Portland, OR 97220
USA / Canada (toll free):
+ 1-800-792-5285, + 1-503-894-6022, + 1-503-446-1141
United Kingdom: + 44-845-528-1300
Hong Kong: + 852-301-84916
India (Pune): + 91-20-66346060