NEW YORK, June 7, 2021 / PRNewswire / – According to a study by Fact MR, the global gantry crane market is expected to be valued by $ 3 billion by the end of 2031. According to the study, gantry cranes are often used to move and lift shipping containers in shipyards. The rise in maritime trading activity has increased the demand for gantry cranes.
Increasing urbanization and the expansion of the manufacturing and construction industries will drive demand for gantry cranes. However, as construction activities come to an abrupt halt due to the COVID-19 pandemic, market growth could decline.
The implementation of social distancing protocols has resulted in the closure of various construction companies, which has resulted in limited demand in the gantry crane market. However, as the lockdown is eased, business operations are gradually recovering, which in turn paves the way for the market to recover to its pre-pandemic growth rate.
Globalization has led to the construction of advanced ports and the modernization of other maritime infrastructures. This leads to an increasing demand for gantry cranes in marine applications.
Technological advances and automation in gantry crane models have resulted in lighter and more energy efficient cranes. It is expected that these factors will positively influence the global gantry crane market during the forecast period.
“Increased efforts to minimize construction and ship material handling time and a focus on introducing lifting solutions as per customer requirements will fuel the gantry crane market,” said a senior analyst at Fact.MR.
Request a 170 Page Sample Report for Full Insights @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5981
The central theses
- The US is expected to dominate the gantry crane market due to the boom in the construction sector and increasing private investment in the development of advanced construction equipment.
- 100% foreign direct investment in the field of automated construction machinery and increasing government investment in school and hospital construction will be the market growth in India.
- China is the largest gantry crane manufacturer in the world. With the expansion of the shipping infrastructure, the market is facing impressive growth.
- The global construction volume is expected to grow exponentially by the end of 2030. Such numbers will boost investment in the construction industry and boost demand for gantry cranes.
- The development of a small and portable gantry crane that is ideal for lifting small concrete blocks, steel girders and lumber will open up new growth opportunities.
- The integration of gantry cranes in residential and non-residential construction as well as increasing sea trade will have a positive effect on the market.
- The introduction of new lightweight, compact aluminum gantry cranes for construction in confined spaces will boost demand.
- The increasing automation of gantry cranes and the introduction of various new safety and mobility functions will drive market growth.
- The limited load-bearing capacity of gantry cranes with regard to safe operation is holding back market growth.
- The lack of skilled operators and fluctuations in the weight of the loading material further limit the opportunities for sales.
- High investment costs for heavy duty gantry cranes used in marine applications will hamper market demand.
Find out more about the portal crane market with 227 illustrations and 80 data tables as well as the table of contents. A detailed market segmentation can also be found on
The leading players in the gantry crane market profiled by Fact.MR are JASO Industrial Cranes, Aicrane Machinery Group, Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Co., Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., Mi-Jack Products, TNT Crane & Rigging, Liebherr Group, SANY GROUP , Konecranes Plc., Mammoet Holding BV
An increase in strategic mergers and acquisitions is observed, followed by new product launches. In addition, market participants rely on strengthening their supply chain through long-term alliances with regional and global sales partners while at the same time building new networks.
- JASO Industrial Cranes allies itself with ArcelorMittal France in May 2021to design and develop a modern scrap loading crane for their plant in Dunkerque. The crane would have a maximum load capacity of 300 tons and a span of 24.4 meters.
- Allison Crane & Rigging merges with TNT Crane & Rigging in July 2018, which both companies can expand their customer base and open up new markets and acquire customers in emerging markets.
Further valuable insights into the gantry crane market
Fact.MR offers in its new report an unbiased analysis of the global gantry crane market and analyzes forecast statistics up to 2019 and beyond. The study shows growth forecasts for the gantry crane market by type (full gantry cranes, semi gantry cranes, truss gantry cranes, portable gantry cranes, high-tech aluminum gantry cranes, rubber-tyred gantry cranes, turnkey self-assembling portable overhead cranes), operation (manual gantry cranes, automatic gantry cranes), load capacity (less than 30 t gantry cranes, 30 – 50 t gantry cranes, more than 50 t gantry cranes) and end use (gantry cranes for automotive, gantry cranes for metal & mining, gantry cranes for construction, gantry cranes for paper & pulp, gantry cranes for aerospace, gantry cranes for Utilities and gantry cranes for shipyards) across regions (North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, middle East & Africa).
Key issues addressed in the report
- Which factor will be most important to the gantry crane market growth?
- What is the likely future prospect of the gantry crane market?
- What are the key drivers and restraints for the Gantry Crane Market?
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the gantry crane market?
- Who are the leading manufacturers in the gantry crane market?
Discover the coverage of Fact.MR in the field of industrial goods
Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes Market – Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes research examines parent market trends, macroeconomic data and control variables, and market attractiveness by segment. The qualitative influence of key market parameters on market segments and regions is also reflected in rail gantry crane research.
Rough Terrain Cranes Market – The Rough Terrain Cranes market report has been well researched and segmented into various parts. The Rough Terrain Cranes market structure has many categories as well as a segmentation based on load capacity and end use. Fact.MR provides a comprehensive and detailed overview of the rough terrain crane market.
Crawler Cranes Market – Crawler Cranes Market Research is a comprehensive intelligence study that covers all major aspects of the crawler crane industry. The Crawler Cranes market study examines a number of factors influencing market growth. Fact.MR shows historical data on the sales of crawler cranes, the current scenario of crawler cranes and the highlights of the forecast for the introduction of crawler cranes for a period of 10 years.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1000 companies trust us in their most important decisions. We have offices in the US and Dublin, while our global headquarters in Dubai. While our seasoned consultants use the latest technology to gain hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is customer confidence in our expertise. We cover a wide spectrum – from Automotive & Industry 4.0 to Healthcare & Retail – our coverage is extensive, but we make sure that the most niche categories are also analyzed. Contact us with your goals and we will be a competent research partner.
US sales office:
11140 Rockville pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E: [email protected]